Wednesday, April 7, 2010

There are times

There are times when you really have to wonder what the people who run the once great and respected nation of Canada are thinking when they do the things they do. I’m not talking about some controversial legislation but am focusing on the “Do as I say, not as I do” mentality coming from the bureaucrats’ in Ottawa.

First and foremost I hope everyone who reads this, realizes it is not just another case of government bashing, that simply isn’t true. All the victims of the story we’re going to talk about here firmly believe in governments’ role in society to provide rules, regulations or law and order in other words. There are highly educated, very intelligent people working within the federal government in this country. I know this for a fact as I’ve personally spoken with both of them. Ok, ok, that was a bad joke, couldn’t help myself.

As in all large groups of professionals, there are unfortunately less than capable employees mixed with the good ones. Occasionally it seems the good ones are vastly outnumbered, at least this is often the perception. This perception is reinforced by the system of government now in operation in Canada, which is a significant contributing factor in an ongoing crisis in this country’s Air Transport sector.

This blog is dedicated to the men and women of a single Canadian company who have become disabled while on the job. There are misconceptions of the procedures, rights and responsibilities of injured and non-injured workers in federally regulated industries, such as the Air Transport sector in Canada.

It is long past time everyone become aware of what their individual rights truly are and what an individual has to go through to defend those rights in present day Canada.

2 comments:

  1. Rob;

    I actually remember the time in my world when I finally I had learnt enough about a specific topic to start noticing errors in words/policies etc written within the parameters of the knowledge level I had attained. As my corners of knowledge expanded this same process took place.

    “My then derived Hypothesis” that if this held true for my corners of knowledge - others also could find the errors in their corner(s) of expertise - as the idea grew my belief in any written word lowered immensely. My believe in ethics in the business community eroded and I came to the first step of being Jaded.
    If I wasn’t capable of seeing white linings within dark clouds and honing my sense of humor my Jadedness could have over ridden my life.

    Now if I wish to foray into a new arena; I first look for several trusted friends - knowledgeable enough that can help me see errors within their subject; allowing me to make reasonably sane decisions.

    Unfortunately I have to agree that less than capable employees seem to be the norm or I am just “lucky” and seem to ferret them out? - perhaps it is a specific mindset which appeals to politicians and other governmental corners these days for hiring?
    I remember once being in awe over government leaders - now more often than not I feel dismayed and let down.

    However when I do meet a gem during an inquiry of any sort I try hard to express my appreciation for the enjoyment of speaking with a rational caring human.
    Perhaps raises and moving up the ladder should be - voted on by asking for a "good" employee number.. thus left to us the ignorant common populace; truly these days I feel most politicians think we know nothing and wool over our eyes will ensure constant sheep-like behavior. I surmise it wouldn't take long for this idea to be made into a step ladder for the uncaring.

    Do I sound negative ? - these days when it comes to government I unfortunately am.
    When I think of the number of intelligent, knowledgeable MCS people fighting a battle just to live with dignity; each with a chemical injury from so many facets of our system; where things were just not safe -usually because someone cut a corner to save more dollars for profit.
    Somehow humans put a very low value on worker's suffering when things go awry; fair profit is good - on the backs of another facing life long suffering; in the mean time still having to fight for what should be freely given - it is a sad state of affairs for a country such as Canada.

    I will read and watch as you peel the layers off your onion - I will probably learn many knew things which will make me even more dismayed at how each of us not only has to be ill, plus constantly fight to survive whilst we slay our individual dragons.

    Be strong - here if I can help in any small way - may all of your mates held within the layers of your turmoil come forth and join your voice.
    As my partner constantly tells me - Don’t let the bastards grind you down.
    I hope that is not too out of place??
    Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon, I share your feelings. I was raised to be a person who respected our government leaders regardless of whether I liked the person or their politics. It was always important to respect that individual’s position or office. After all these years of being a disabled person fighting for basic human rights, I would like at least one of these people to earn my respect. Quite honestly at this point it wouldn’t be that hard to do. What is overwhelmingly frustrating with this situation is that there are and have always been solutions to deal with it quietly.

    There are gem’s working for the government for sure. I recently had a conversation with a lady in Ottawa about maple syrup while she was digging up information for me. Nice lady and she did her part trying to help.

    In all fairness these people in Ottawa do hear from every angry nutbar in the country with a phone or computer, and that does make it difficult to get attention for a legitimate issue. However that is no excuse for the bureaucrats who are busy pretending this isn’t happening.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete